Besides the fact that Prague is the seat of the President and the Central Government of the Czech Republic, it also accommodates a number of international organisations and representative offices (e.g. the headquarters of the EU's Galileo satellite navigation system), as well as an important centre of science, culture and education.
Prague is also often called “Golden Prague”, “The City of a Hundred Spires” and “The Paris of the East”.
Features of Prague
- Prague has a designated UNESCO World Cultural and Natural Heritage area of more than 8 sq. km
- More than 100 personalities famous world-wide have lived in Prague (e.g. King Charles IV, Rudolph II, J. A. Comenius, W. A. Mozart, Franz Kafka, A. Einstein, A. Pick, M. Curie-Sklodowski, etc.)
- Over 100 theatres, concert halls, galleries, etc.
- Over 10,000 local and international artists
- All hotels are situated within 5 to 30 minutes from the city center
- Prague is a destination serviced by many airlines, with good ground connections